Listrac was one of the largest wine-producing areas of the Medoc peninsula in 1913. Following the 1930s depression, the vineyard suffered a considerable loss and was reduced to 600 hectares. As one of the youngest Bordeaux AOC Listrac-Médoc (previously called Listrac) was officially certified in 1957. Located on the left bank of the Gironde river, Listrac-Médoc AOC benefits from high altitude and diverse soils. These wines, produced at the heart of the Medoc region, are known for their elegant colors and powerful tannin structures.